The Orthodox Church of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God and Virgin Mary was built in 1939 under the leadership of Metropolitan Euloge. It is in the Novgorodian style of the 15th century with a bell tower in the Pskovian style. It is the work of architect and decorator Albert Alexandrovich Benois and his wife Margarita Alexandrovna who also painted the murals inside the church and the crypt. The parish is a worship association Law of 1905 which depends on the Archdiocese of the Orthodox churches of Russian tradition in Western Europe.
The church, with its outbuildings and its garden, adjoins the municipal cemetery of Sainte Geneviève des Bois, the largest Russian cemetery outside of Russia. The site of the church houses the headquarters of the association for the maintenance of Russian Orthodox graves (see the site cimetiere-russe.org). The church and the Russian cemetery constitute a world famous heritage.
June 12, 2022: Pentecost. Feast of the Most Holy Trinity - descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles
Informations de la page